By Allison Martin
Getting your Vietnam entry visa for to travel to Vietnam.
All adoptive parents traveling to Vietnam must have Vietnam entry visas. Your travel agent can order your Vietnam visa for you or you can apply directly via the Vietnamese government. You can download the Vietnam visa applications online at the Vietnamese government web sites listed below. Tourist visa may be valid for 15 to 30 days.
What do you need to do to get your visa for Vietnam? The process is fairly simple. When you apply at the embassy, you will need to fill out the visa application, pay a fee and include the requested photographs. Turn around time has been reasonable - several weeks - but do not put this off to the last minute if you have a choice. You can apply up to six months ahead of time. (Some offices do offer rush service.) If you apply by mail, include a stamped, return envelope.
It is easiest to get your visa when working with a Vietnamese travel agency, according to the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism. For example, our sponsor Lotus Travel will handle all your visa processing support needs, as part of their comprehensive travel services.
If you prefer to do it yourself the following information will guide you through the visa process.
1. To get your Vietnam visa you must provide:
- Full name
- Birthday and place of birth
- number of your passport
- Entry and exit dates
- Country you plan to receive your entry visa from the Vietnamese embassies or consulates
2. Your child will also need a passport and visa to enter the United States (or your country of residence). This can be a bit more complicated... see the Vietnam adoption procedures section.
3. The following Vietnamese government offices in the United States all provide visas and downloadable Vietnam visa applications:
Embassy of the Socialist Republic
1233 20th Street NW, Suite 400
Washington DC 20036
Telephone: (202) 861-0737
Fax: (202) 861-0917
1700 California St, Suite 430
San Francisco, CA 94109
Tel: (415) 922-1707
Fax: (415) 922-1848
E-mail: info@ vietnamconsulate-ca.org
Direct link to the Vietnam visa application and instructions.
Permanent Mission of
the S. R. of Viet Nam to the United Nations
866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 435
New York, NY 10017
Tel: (212) 644-0594 (212) 644 0831 (212) 644 1564
Fax: (212) 644-5732
Back to: Vietnam Travel